High Five Poker was first created by SHFL entertainment. The objective is to beat the dealer’s 5-card poker hand. Pai Gow Poker uses a 53-card deck. The 52nd card in the deck is a Joker. They can use the lone semi-wild card to make Straights, Flush, or Straight Flush. It can also serve as an Ace.
High Five Poker is offered at the Brass Ass Casino in Cripple Creek. You can also get an advanced version.
What is High Five Poker?
Six seats are available at the table. Players must first place an Ante wager. The dealer will then hand seven cards face-down clockwise, seven to each player and seven to himself. Each player will then examine their cards and decide which actions to take.
Fold the Ante bet, and you forfeit it.
- Keep five of the best poker hands, and discard two cards. Then, place a Play wager equivalent to the Ante.
The dealer will reveal their house cards to determine the best five-card poker hand. To qualify, the dealer must have at least two pairs with sixes or against a straight player.
If the dealer has two deuces, player number 1 has straights, and player number 2 has a few or three, the dealer is eligible for player 1. What happens to the payouts when the dealer qualifies for the tournament?
- The Ante bet pays money if the dealer isn’t qualified.
- To qualify, the dealer must beat his opponent.
- The player must beat the dealer to qualify for the Ante and Play Bets.
- The dealer must tie or qualify the player to win the Player’s Ante, or the Play bets push.
The dealer will work counterclockwise to determine the outcome of any remaining bets. The house edge is 3.6%
Trips Side Bet
Trips side Bet pays for hands that contain Three of a Kind (or higher) regardless of whether the player loses or wins.
- Three of a type pays 1
- Straight pays 2/1
- Flush pays 4/1
- Full House pays 7/1
- Whole House (Aces Full), 20/1
- 4 of a Kind pays 40/1
- Straight Flush: 50/1
- Royal Flush pays 100/1
- Five Aces (Four Aces With Joker) 200/1
The game is based on a basic strategy. If the dealer has less than a pair of sixes, they cannot qualify. You can fold if you have less than sixes Play-bet.